Being Prepared with Agency Advantage Insurance
Most of us will sustain an auto accident within the course of our driving history. An unexpected car accident can leave you feeling overwhelmed and disoriented. Preparation, even if nothing ever happens, will make your life less stressful. What should we carry and what should we do when it happens?
Prepare a kit for a possible accident.
- First-aid kit
- Disposable Camera
- Pen and paper
- Backup copies of all appropriate paperwork
When you have an accident:
- Move your car to a safe area (if you are able), then flip on your hazards to warn others.
- Stop your vehicle and get out
- Check on others involved make sure everyone is ok
- Call the police (and possibly an ambulance) to the scene
Even in minor accidents, a police accident report can prove to be valuable with helping your insurance company deal with the claims. This will help the West Bloomfield, MI police or those responding from surrounding areas.
Paperwork and gathering information
- Keep important documents in the glove compartment (ID, insurance company contact information, vehicle registration, and health plan info)
- Have your phone on you and charged
Write down as much information as possible:
- Driver and passenger names (use IDs to verify)
- Contact information for any eyewitnesses
- Makes and models of all vehicles involved
- License plate numbers
- Location of the accident
- Insurance info
- Name and badge number of onsite police officers
Document the scene
- If you have a disposable camera or smartphone take some photos of the accident scene.
File your insurance claim
- File using your insurance app or call the number on your insurance ID card for your insurer’s contact information.
Though no one every wants an accident it’s good to know you have insurance. For more information contact Agency Advantage Insurance serving the West Bloomfield, MI area.