Protection Again Uninsured Drivers

You can get coverage to cover damages or injuries caused by an underinsured or uninsured motorist. This optional coverage helps in case you’re hit by someone with little or no insurance. Ask your Agency Advantage Insurance representative in West Bloomfield, MI whether you should carry this on your policy. In the meantime, here’s some information to get you started.

Why Do You Need Underinsured/Uninsured Coverage?

Every state requires drivers to have car insurance. However, a lot of people don’t have insurance and get behind the wheel anyway. If you get into an accident caused by someone in this category, you are left paying for damages to your car. Even if the driver has some coverage, their limit may not pay for all the damages. The only way to avoid this situation, which cannot be predicted is to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage on your vehicle. This allows you to protect your family and yourself from illegal drivers with no insurance.

What’s Covered by Uninsured Motorist Insurance?

Uninsured Motorists Coverage typically covers yourself and your passengers and includes two options. The first option is Uninsured Motorist coverage combined with bodily injury coverage. The second choice is Uninsured Motorist coverage for physical damage only. Bodily injury insurance pays for injuries to the driver and passenger, and physical damage pays for any property damages to your car that were sustained in the accident.

Contact your Agency Advantage agent today to find out how you can put underinsured/uninsured insurance to work keeping your vehicle and passengers protected. Make an appointment today so that you can get a quote or discuss this and all your auto insurance needs in West Bloomfield, MI.